Murray is a Color Commentator Analyst with IMG College UCLA Sports on AM 570 Radio broadcasting
the UCLA Bruin Men and Women’s basketball games along side of his Mentor, Partner and Hall of Famer, Chris Roberts. Tracy was Assistant Coach with the WNBA’s Tulsa Shock under “Hall of Fame” Coach Teresa Edwards during the 2011 season. Tracy’s coaching experience includes coaching the NBDL Pre Draft Camp in Atlanta, Georgia in 2008 with a record of 4-0. He was also the Mentor and Assistant Coach with the NBDL Bakersfield Jam from 2007-2009.. Fox Sports/ Prime Ticket is honoring Tracy as one of the “100 Greatest Athletes in the 100 Year History of the CIF-Southern Section”. A few Highlights of Tracy’s career are listed below:
Note: Due to having hip surgery at the age of 14, Tracy only played three years of High School Basketball.
- . Murray’s 15year professional career includes playing for 2 Greek Teams (2004-06) and 1French Team (2006-07).
- . Won “3 Point” Contest during France’s All-Star Activities in 2007.
- . Tracy earned the reputation as one of the “NBA’s Best Shooters” in the league.
- . Was Drafted into the NBA in 1992 as the 18th Pick / Played 12 years in the NBA (6 Teams)
- . Led the league in “Three Point Field Goals” with a .459 (50-109) mark.
- . During the 1998 season, he became the Wizard’s All Time Three-Point Field Goal Leader setting a new
franchise record with 158, a record previously held by Bullet Guard Michael Adams. (Tracy reached this
milestone in 103 fewer games).
- . Murray scored 50 Points against the Golden State Warriors on February 10, 1998. It was only the sixth
such effort in franchise history.
- . Scored 40 Points in a single game while playing with the Toronto Raptors.
- . Tracy was up for the NBA’s “Sixth Man Award” with Kobe Bryant as well as the “Most Improved
Player” with Gheorghe Muresan during the 1995/1996 season.
- . Tracy was a member of the 1994-95 NBA World Champion Houston Rockets.
- . Tracy averaged over 18 PPG, over 6 RPG during his three year career at UCLA.
- . He left UCLA after three years for the NBA ranking fifth in school history in points and scoring average.
- . Murray received “Chevrolet Player of the Game honors in all three NCAA tournament games played at
the end of the 1992 season.
- . College “All American” on several sporting magazines
- . First Team “All PAC 10” Honors
- . Member of the USA Basketball Team in the Pan American Games in 1991 earning a “Bronze Medal”
- . Graduated from UCLA with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History.
- . High School 1st Team All-American
- . California “State Player of the Year”
- . California “State Scoring Leader” (3,053 Points)
- . “Nation’s Leading Scorer” (44.3 PPG)
- . Scored 50 or more points in several games including 64 points in the State Championship game
- . CIF “Player of the Year”
- . “California’s Single Season Scoring Leader” (1,505 Points)
- . Western Region “Player of the Year”
- . “1989 McDonald’s All-American Game”
- . “1989 Kentucky Fest All-American Game”
- . 3 Time Baseline League “Player of the Year”
SLAM - T-Time - Finding Tracy Murray
TRACY MURRAY - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Zimbio Picture of Tracy Murray